SCAD College of Engineering & Technology invited Dr.A.V.Shiva Ayyadurai who is inventor of Email. Dr.A.V.Shiva Ayyadurai met press people and he has interaction with students of same college. VA Shiva Ayyadurai was born 2 December 1963 in Tamil nadu, India. At age seven, he left with his family to live in the United States. At the age of 14, he attended a special summer program at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences of New York University (NYU) to study computer programming, and later went on to graduate from Livingston High School in Livingston, New Jersey. While attending high school, he also worked at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) as a research fellow. His undergraduate degree from MIT was in electrical engineering and computer science; he took a master's degree in visual studies from the MIT Media Laboratory on scientific visualization; concurrently, he completed another master’s degree in mechanical engineering, also from MIT; and in 2007, he obtained a Ph.D. in biological engineering from MIT in systems biology, with his thesis focusing on modeling the whole cell by integrating molecular pathway models. In 2008, he was awarded a Fulbright U.S. Student Program grant to study the integration of Siddha, India’s oldest system of traditional medicine, with modern systems biology in India.
He met Press people of Tirunelveli by morning 9:30 am, during the occasion he said the following
- India is a caste base system operational country. This system interrupts the innovation of young mind.
- He pointed that students are frightened of teaching faculty from his childhood age to end of his/her studies. This caused students to not bringing out their innovations and findings. So he advised young minds to respect teachers but to afraid of them.
- He said he became interested in healing and traditional medicine at the age of five, as he observed his grandmother heal and support local villagers using Siddha, one of India’s oldest systems of traditional medicine. He received training and initiation in Eastern systems of medicine, yoga, and meditation from leading institutions and teachers such as Paul Pitchford of Heartwood Institute, Swami Satyananda Saraswati of Bihar School of Yoga, Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami of the Himalayan Academy, and Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the Transcendental Meditation movement.
- During 2008 to 2009, he traveled India exploring Siddha, Ayurveda, yoga and Traditional Chinese Medicine. In April 2011, he spoke on the subject at the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo. Ayyadurai presented a 13-part lecture series on traditional medicine and systems biology based on his Fulbright research in conjunction with the MIT Traditional Medicine Society. Starting in 2013, Systems Health™ was created by VA Shiva Ayyadurai and offered as a gateway course for integrative medicine to medical doctors, and endorsed by Dr. Deepak Chopra and first offered through the Chopra Center. In June of 2012, Nature Biotechnology cited Ayyadurai’s work in CytoSolve as an important breakthrough in combinatorial drug development.
- He said while inventing struggles may come but we should have overcome. He advised young minds to behave opportune depending upon the situation in terms of showing anger, kindness, pleasing and so on. He told “If you want stand against anyone who is hindrance for your innovation, stand against, do not loose yourselves”.
Later He had interaction with Students of Scad Engineering Colleges. He answered to the various questions raised by students. Earlier of interaction, Mrs.Jeena Jacob of Computer science department has welcomed gathering. Dr.Moammed Sheriff, Principal of SCAD College of Engineering & Technology delivered special talk to motivate the students. The above said program presided by Dr.Cletus Babu, Chairman, SCAD group of Institutions. And he presented presidential address.Finally,Dr.Dhinesh Kumar,principal SCAD College of Engineering closed the sessions by vote of thanks. The whole day program has been arranged by the Head of the department of Computer science department Prof.Balaji and faculties of same.